Social Business Youth Center(SBYC) aims to promote and educate social entrepreneurship among young people and provide necessary tools for launching social businesses. Until now we organized 5 events on topics related to social entrepreneurship, accepting total 400+ applications and 100+ participants.
Are you interested in getting know more about social entrepreneurship experience in Silicon Valley? Would you like to hear about it from an expert in entrepreneurship from Silicon Valley? Then don’t miss this opportunity to be connected with our honored guest speaker Mr. Rick Rasmussen at our next event in cooperation with EduHUB and Social Innovation Lab!
Date and time: 26 June, 16.00
Topic: “Social Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley”
Venue: Baku Idea Lab (Caspian Plaza, 3rd Floor,Jafar Jabbarli str, 40, near Nizami subway station)
Duration: 2 hours
Speaker: Rick Rasmussen
– a Silicon Valley native with entrepreneurial, executive, government and academic experience focusing on startups and growth stage companies. He works extensively with governments and economic development agencies looking to connect with Silicon Valley.
– an active member of the Sand Hill Angels investment group.
– Served as the VP of Business Development for nestGSV, a large-scale accelerator in Silicon Valley where he focused on International Business Development and Acceleration Programs. Prior, Mr. Rasmussen served as the Trade Commissioner for the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade with responsibility for linking Canadian IT companies to the Valley. Prior, he served as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Institutional Venture Partners, Interim CEO for @Road, President and CEO for BuzMe.com.
– Currently advises a half-dozen companies in mobile and international social media and serves as a Director of CritterPix, an animated feature film startup in Marin County, CA.
– Earned a Electrical Engineering and Computer Science degree with highest honors from the University of California at Berkeley and an dual MBA degree from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and Columbia’s Graduate School of Business in New York City with honors.
– Currently lectures on Entrepreneurship at both UC Berkeley and Stanford University.
Participation is FREE. Spots are limited.
Deadline for registration : 25th June ,19.00
Registation link : https://goo.gl/forms/jSRhER00ww7h5dy72
Contacts: 055 887 74 38
055 798 37 73