BMT-nin Əhali Fondunun (UNFPA Azerbaijan) Azərbaycandakı nümayəndəliyində yeni vakansiya!
Project Title: “Global Programme to Prevent Son Preference and Gender-biased Sex Selection: Improving the sex ratio at birth in select countries in the Asia and the Caucasus” in Azerbaijan
Position: Project Officer (PO)
Duration: 1 year
Duty station: Baku, Azerbaijan; international and /or domestic travel will be required
Remuneration: AZN 2703 monthly subject to tax plus social security package
The project aims to contribute to preventive efforts addressing the phenomenon of gender-biased sex selection favoring male population in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
This project aims to build upon these crucial results by complementing the ongoing strategic intervention of UNFPA Azerbaijan CO. The project is to be achieved through a series of interrelated activities on policy dialogue and advocacy, knowledge management, and capacity building. Special emphasis will be placed on the need to improve the knowledge and information for evidence based intervention strategies to combat the phenomenon of GBSS, increase awareness of the population on its causes and negative consequences, as well as strengthen multi-sectoral national and regional capacity, including through creation of an enabling policy environment for effective prevention.
The PO is responsible for all administrative (contractual, organizational, logistical) matters under the project. PO will provide inputs for the Interim and Final Project Progress Report and Project Financial Reports, as per the agreed schedule. PO will be responsible for arrangement of all project related events. PO will provide logistical support to the project consultants, as required to ensure the smooth running of the Project in the regions, and draft routine correspondence of administrative nature.
The PO will report to the UNFPA Assistant Representative and Programme Analyst for all of the project’s substantive and administrative issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The PO will work in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the UNFPA Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensure their proper implementation;
- Contribute to the design, development and dissemination of project products and reports;
- Manage the logistics of and coordinating content development for related meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related events;
- Conduct regular and on-site monitoring of all related project activities as needed;
- Provide inputs necessary for the project narrative and financial reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings, both internal and external, related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda;
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information;
- Ensure proper communications regarding events, success stories, project outreach, and overall scope and methodology (e.g. social media presence, drafting press-releases, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Develop all project component related contracts including individual contracts and subcontracts;
- Follow up with the implementing partners and sub-contractors for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on target group and other information material;
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings, training and workshops;
- Draft minutes of Project Board and other project related meetings;
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by UNFPA CO;
- Prepare supporting documents for payment of costs for executed activities;
- Support the preparations of project work-plans and operational and financial planning processes;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on ad hoc basis.
- Assist in preparation of ToRs for the consultants;
- Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNFPA procedures;
PO will undertake any other duties as assigned in advancement of project objectives and commitments to UNFPA and the Government of Azerbaijan.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate commitment to UNFPA’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Proven ability to problem-solve, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other indocuments.
Self-Management and Emotional Intelligence
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Working under supervision and pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches – Developing new approaches
- Seeks a broad range of perspectives in developing project proposals
- Identifies new approaches and promotes their use in other situations;
- Creates an environment that fosters innovation and innovative thinking;
- Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Ability to lead team, organize team management and reporting
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- A demonstrated ability in managing projects and partnerships
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and applies them in the work
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external factors
Recruitment and Professional qualifications required
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications, and/or other related field.
5 years of professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public sector. Knowledge of and experience with gender and population related projects in Azerbaijan.
Fluency in oral and written English and Azerbaijani.
Proficiency in current office software applications.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, THE APPLICANTS SHOULD GO TO THE BELOW LINK:
? Project Officer (daha ətraflı linkdə): http://unazerbaijan.org/jobs/project-officer/
⏳Müraciət üçün son gün: 22 oktyabr 2018